Monday, May 11, 2009

Kelani ruined my lunch...

I made Cajun Wedges the other day, and I was that impressed with them that I decided to make some more for DH and I today...




Unfortunately, after putting the potatoes on to boil I got distracted on the Kelani website which is a trap for any fabric lover... I bought three Make it Perfect patterns, the Lazy Day hat, Versatile Wrap skirt and the Little Explorer overalls.

I was actually looking for the Oliver + S Kimono PJ's for the latest EB sewing challenge but it seems they are out of stock. Maybe I should just put in a back order?

My poor potatoes were a little over cooked by this time but still turned out ok in the end :) These photos are from the first GREAT batch, not today's efforts LOL.


Cajun Roast Potatoes
Serves 6 ~ (I adjusted below quantities to suit 1-2 people)
2 tsp Sea Salt
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp paprika
2 tsps dried oregano
2kg med potatoes
2 cloves crushed garlic
2 tsps grated lemon rind
1/3 cup olive oil
Sur cream & sweet chilli sauce to serve
  • Place herbs in small frying pan on low heat and cook while stirring for about 1 min. Remove from heat.
  • Peel and cut spud into wedges, boil in water until almost tender. Drain and shake to roughen.
  • Put potatoes on baking tray, coat with oil and dust with spice mix.
  • Bake in very hot oven until golden and crisp
  • Serve with Sour cream and Sweet Chilli sauce.

In other news: I have hemmed my bedspread, mended the dog bed and finished my knitted scarf. Sheridan, if you, or any other Block Swap girls read this, your Block Swap is the next job on my list, honest!

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I was enjoying your post until I saw my name at the end! Gosh! Don't be worrying, it is supposed to be fun and it's a 6 month swap, so reeeeeelax!

    The potatoes look yummy! You've given me an idea for Henry's dinner tonight, so thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe - was going to send you a message to see what you put on them! Might have to make them for lunch one day soon. maybe even this week - I am sure the inlaws would love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!
    The hazzards of Kelani :-)
    And mmmm, those wedges. I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wedges look YUM! Kelani seem to do that lol, Like I need more patterns to lookat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.