Sunday, March 29, 2009

On the Shelf ~ March 29

I was foolish enough to sign up for a challenge to read 100 books this year. I have no hope of getting to 100. At this stage I will call myself happy if I should reach a total of 75. I am obviously feeling optimistic as last time I updated I stated I would be happy to reach a total of 50 books!

The original post, with a full list of books read in 2009 can be seen here.

I will just mention the most recent below:

March/April
15. Hamish meets Bumpy McKenzie ~ ?
16. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland ~ Lewis Caroll
17. The Choice ~ Nicholas Sparks
18. The first Casualty ~ Ben Elton
19. Promises in Death ~ J.D.Robb
20. East of the Mountains ~ David Guterson
21.

Slowly slowly, progress is made! It is exciting to have reached 20 books as a milestone :)

Editing to add: I did try to read 'The Quest' by Wilbur Smith but I could not make headway into it at all. I was looking forward to it as I have read the whole Egyptian series but this seemed too unbelievable, even for Taita...

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, my favourite quote ever is from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
    Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
    The Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to
    Alice: I don't much care where.
    The Cat: Then it doesn't much matter which way you go.
    Alice: …so long as I get somewhere.
    The Cat: Oh, you're sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see that your list isn't comprised of earnest books only! Lemme know if you want to borrow a Chalet Book so you can figure out what Chalet Girl and I are raving about when we're talking 'Jolly Hockey Sticks' stuff to you ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.