Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Doll Quilt

Sew, Mama, Sew! was having a doll quilt Sew-Along. True to form I did not do it at the time but as I have signed up for Chaletgirl's block swap I thought the doll quilt would be a good start so I went back and found the tutorials as follows:


Somehow, despite the binding tutorial, I managed to completely ruin the corners of my binding/quilt. It was just all wrong. I really need to sit down and think about it and try to work out why it did not work before having a go on something more exciting than a dolls quilt for Miss Possum...

On the plus side, I did have a go at Free Motion Quilting which was fun once I almost got the hang of it. Good thing I have my sewing machine manual as I didn't know what a darning foot was and feed dogs were but a distant memory.


Miss Possums Black Apple Doll does not seem to mind the funny corners so I will put them from my mind and congratulate myself on a job mostly well done.

6 comments:

  1. Sweet! Love the colour combo, and the quilting looks great - very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Done Becca! I love the colours and you have done a wonderful job on the FMQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous. Love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky this is gorgeous! I love that colour combo - seems to be one very happy little doll and I am sure one very happy little girl too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, the photo cleverly diguises any corners! Given that I'm a sewing idiot, I can't criticise. Not that I would, anyway, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.