Friday, March 6, 2009

Bookish Business

When we moved north 6 months ago I left behind my book club. This was the main thing I was sorry to have to say goodbye to. Even now I still miss it, the company, the reading, the child free meeting night *sigh*.

I said I would start a new book club here as a way to meet people and get out of the house. I didn't do anything about it for awhile but I can now proudly say that, with the help of my local branch librarian, I have done it!

We are having our first meeting at the end of this month and I really hope the ladies are half as good in this group as the ones I left behind. I can't wait to pick up the first book box and see what it is, there is a great selection for the local clubs and it is all free courtesy of the Library.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, YAY! I'm really glad you've found a new group. Oddly enough, I've been running into book folks a lot lately, mostly Audrey but also bumped into Katherine today.
    Audrey has fostered a couple of kids and the 3yo is attending the playgroup. I'll tell yo more next time we meet up or chat on the phone.

    Audrey and Katherine say that they like the books much more this year. I get asked back as a social call but I'm usually too knackered on Thursday nights and I enjoy spending time quietly at home. I'm still re-reading books. Reading somethign I know is the easiest solution to the difficulties of time and concentration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done at starting a new group! Very brave!! I used to belong to a bookclub in my before kids and husband days... lots of fun and opened my eyes up to books I never would have normally read. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.