Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Block Swap Mail Out 1

The first mail out of fabric arrived the other day for Chaletgirl's block swap. As I am a beginner quilter, and novice swapper I took a few days to work up the courage to get started.

I discovered that my stash is non existant, I think of the below combinations, I only already owned two of the matched fabrics. Being rural as well I was worried about what I would find in store but I think I did fairly well.

These fabrics belong to Yarnplanner. Her fabric is a beautiful grey/green shade which I had trouble getting a good photo of. The overcast day did not help my efforts at all. Of these blocks I like all of them but am a bit unsure of the dark blue option on the bottom left...

The second lot of blocks I did are for Beth. I was nervous about her bright prints until I got started and realised what fun they were to play with. Again I am not sure of the blue here either but on the whole am happy.

I was very impressed with how neatly the seams at the back all ended. I did not have to take such care with my patchwork Santa sacks so am delighting in the neatness here.

I can't wait for the next mailout now :) I think it will be even more fun as the pressure is off with the first round now under my belt!

3 comments:

  1. I too was as nervous as you but you should be pleased as they all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did so well! They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.