Friday, January 20, 2012

Hurrah, Around The Block 1 finished!

Many moons ago I joined an excellent quilting bee full of clever people. More moons past and I pieced the top and tagged each block with the name of the person who made it.  You would think it would then be a simple matter to finish the quilt off so that the small boy could use it on his bed, but still more moons past.


I did indeed finally finish it, last night in fact.  The small boy seems very happy with it.


I backed it in a grey homespun and used some Kei honeycomb for the binding.  Perhaps I should have used a solid as it is a pretty busy quilt.  Oh well!

I quilted straight lines around each block and then I did a straight line geometric kind of fill in.   It was hard to know what to do given this was a wonky log cabin block so there was not much to line up with.


If you want to see the quilt top in full follow the link above.  It was too sunny here to get a good full shot so I didn't worry with one.

This is also the first WIP I have finished as part of the 12 in 12 challenge!  
Hurrah!!

7 comments:

  1. It turned out beautifully! I love the dot binding too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Becky and well done on finishing your first thing for 2012. Really must get myself organised and put my thoughts onto paper (or blog) for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it looks absolutely stunning and he looks so pleased with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. You have great taste in fabric, I have at least three the same floating around in my stash.

    Word verification is squilit which is a bit like quilt.

    And then I stuffed it up and got mushed, hahaha. Fat fingers today, third time lucky ponsmsti (cut and paste this time)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love the Binding! Perfect choice! The boy seems very happy indead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Becky. What a great finish and a beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous, love love love the fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.