Sunday, January 8, 2012

Scrappy


Today while Mary Poppins played on a gifted VHS I have been working on one of my WIP's for the 12 in 12 challenge.  An added bonus, in mentioning this quilt to Amy, I am now also taking part in the scrap attack quilt-along.  Another added bonus is that I also now know this is called a values quilt.

These scraps have been building up for awhile.  Left over projects, goody bags from Sew it Together (thanks Hawthorne Threads and Posie Patchwork).  There are also bits from charm square swaps and even the odd FQ in the mix.  I think it looks pretty good at this point, tossed on the design wall as is with each few blocks that come off the machine.

I have about 488 triangles that will end up in this quilt, more scraps than I thought I had, and there are still more!

Since taking this photo I have changed the centre bullseye fabrics so they are all navy and more of a focal point.  I have also filled the design wall and still have a pile of triangles so I need to start piecing!

4 comments:

Thank you for your welcome comments.