Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Creative Space


I have already shown off the first Minnie Me skirt I did as a test knit, but this pattern was so good that straight away I cast on another so I could test the flared twirly version.

This one is the perfect size for Possum whenever a cooler day shows up.  The full body allows for more drape into the ruffle making this a soft and sweet.

You can buy this pattern here on Ravelry.  I can't recommend it enough, simple, well written and two great skirts to choose from with the one pattern.



And here is a sneak peak of the name tag I made as part of a swap for Sew it Together.  We had to use the colours orange, yellow and brown.  I had some handmade clay buttons from Jo at The Bird and the Fish that matched perfectly.  I am the first person to make my tag so far, I must be excited ;)

Visit more Creative Spaces here

15 comments:

  1. Love the skirt. And those buttons. Yes I think you are excited:) what I can see looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet...perfect for winter with tights...
    Mox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, I think I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry you probably aren't the first!!
    I played with mine yesterday - embroidered the name and it turned out way too long. Back to the drawing board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one beautiful skirt. My little nieces would love twirling around in that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that little skirt!
    ANd the badge looks great! Can't wait to see it the whole tag after it is received!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You are organised. I am going next week to buy the stuff for the swap and the name tag swap!! See you soooooon. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE that little skirt - so sweet!

    Thanks for the sneak peek. The tag looks lovely, those buttons are really cute, and I like the orange and yellow fabrics I can see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this skirt too. What gorgeous yarn. And what a great pattern.
    Just as I was about to start on that one to break the monotony of the grey cardi, I found my own skirt pattern to test. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The name badge looks great! You are so good, getting it done so quickly...can you send some of your motivation my way, I tend to be lacking it a bit these days, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I'm in love! Can't wait to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am SURE that badge must say Sheridan!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That skirt is adorable. I wish I still had the legs for a mini skirt...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.