Sunday, February 27, 2011

Flea Market Finds #5

My fifth week of Flea Market finding.


We don't have a garbage service here so once a week I have to take our rubbish to the tip.
Our tip is small and does not have a tip shop, so when I spotted this wheelbarrow I asked the tip man (bet he loves that tag) if I could take it.


It just needed a spot of weld on one handle, an easy task for the handy Mr.
One recycled, and free, wheelbarrow!



It has already been busy in the garden helping me get ready for Autumn planting.

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh JEALOUS!! I want an old wheelbarrow to grow herbs in, although it's probably nicer to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find - and its so cute!

    NIc xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, well done on the find. I have an old one like this minus the wheel that my Mr carried home after a walk when we were living in Canberra. You should hear the comments from removalists when they have to put an old wheelbarrow in:) I use it for plants:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my Great-Grandfather giving us rides in one just like that when we were kids. Great memories! Great Find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous! so glad you were able to rescue it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That definitely fits the description of "an oldie but a goodie". Well done on negotiating with "Tip Man". I love the shape and the wheels on that burrow. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, now that is just a lovely wheel barrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.