Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Creative Space ~ Soap

I have been fiddling with the soap recipe I found on the Jelly Wares blog awhile ago. I tried less oil, more oil, less oats and more oats.  I have decided I like no oats as it is a nicer, softer soap with just the bran.

Even the Mr likes this batch best so this is the version I shall stick to from now on.


3 cups lux flakes (or grated soap flakes)
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup milk powder
1/4 cup bran
zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp lemon essential oil

Add lux, milk and olive oil to a pan, heat SLOWLY.
When the soap has melted add the milk powder and stir.
Add bran, essential oil and zest and mix well.
Put in a greased tray/mould.
Allow to set and cut into squares, allow to dry before use.

EASY!!  For more creative spaces visit here.


5 comments:

  1. I like the idea of fresh lemon, I bet it has a beautifully zingy scent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't I have a smellaputer?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That just sounds divine and such an easy looking recipe I think some trying might be in order...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummeee, I am STILL using my first batch of soap, we don't use much hand soap here. So far I have made two huge batches of clothes washing liquid with it and some liquid soap and still got loads left. I wish I had made a smaller batch so I could try more types.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.