Saturday, October 23, 2010

Rhubarb and Lemon Cake

It is for discoveries like this one that I adore Blogland. 
This recipe is one of my favourite culinary finds for this year!
I stumbled across mention of it while visiting Gina, and clicked across to Owlet to see what it was about (as you do!). 


Rhubarb and Lemon Cake

5 rhubarb stalks cut into 2cm bits
1/2 cup brown sugar
125g soft butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
zest 1 lemon
3 eggs
1 tbs lemon juice
1 cup plain flour
1/3 cup SR flour
100ml sour cream
icing sugar to serve

Preheat oven to 180deg.
Butter and line 20cm pan
Toss rhubarb with brown sugar and set aside
Cream butter and sugar
Add lemon zest, then eggs one at a time.
Stir through lemon juice.
Sift flours together and fold in alternating with the sour cream
Fold through Rhubarb.
Bake 40mins and test with a skewer.
Cool 15 minutes and remove.
Dust with icing sugar to serve.


I listed the recipe here again with the volumes I used, which mostly included less sugar.

5 comments:

  1. I love rhubarb and that looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. drooling with joy - rhubarb and lemon, my favourites ... can't wait to have a go myself, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good isn't it! (Lauren had me at 'rhubrab').

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds divine - I will definately have to give this a try sometime soon.

    nic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks yum love rubarb will try it for sure

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.