Friday, October 8, 2010

Modelling Dough


The smalls and I made modelling dough for some outside craft in the sunshine fun. I discovered (or rediscovered) that I have very little talent for such things but luckily the small people did not seem to notice and they had fun regardless.

As per my lack of talent, you may be surprised to find that the above photo is Possum proudly holding a blue bird in a nest*


1 cup salt
1.5 cups of flour
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
food colouring

Recipe from the Play School Play Ideas book by Ruth Craft I picked up in a local op-shop.



This should keep awhile sealed in the fridge, and should set hard when it dries out, I hope so or these two Christmas ornaments might be a bit sad by December...

*Have you stopped laughing at me yet? 

3 comments:

  1. No laughing here, I think that w3hat you do is fabulous! As for me, I BUY playdough - sad I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No laughing here, trust me that is nothing on my attempt at bird in a nest!!!

    We are planning on dough works today, so will have to borrow your recipe ;) perfect timing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No laughing here - we come from the same era of being told what to make at Primary School:)

    Playdoung is always a fun activity.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.