Monday, March 29, 2010

I take it back...

...I thought every thing was ok, but the red tape has caught me out.


While council will let us build a house on the block we like if we do it quickly, their requirements clash with the needs of the Lands Department making things sticky, and more expensive.  There would be more survey costs, and more application fees and at the end of the day there is a strict time line to work to before the Draft Local Environment Plan is gazetted.

We decided to pull the plug.
Bugger :(

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Becky - I hope something else comes along for you soon xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer honey. It would've been tough though, no electricity and building with two little people!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks. Hopefully the right place will come along before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the blasted red tape - I hope something with less hassle comes along for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I am so sorry to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bugger indeed. I hope something more wonderful comes as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :( - I missed this - hus my dear - something else will come up better and greater one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.