Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hand Quilting


Awhile ago I finished my medallion quilt top that was a part of a quilt-along.  It was a lot of fun (and a bit nerve wracking) designing each new round when you didn't know what was to follow.

I did it, and I love the result.  This quilt is going to be a fave, it already is!

The Prints Charming print that I used for the centre medallion was perfect to allow me to try hand quilting for the first time.  My stitches are too big, but it did give me something to do while watching the men's tennis in the semi-finals of the Australian Open.

sorry, flash photo

I do like the way the print is now framed as it pops a little more, now lets just hope I don't make a hash of  quilting the rest of it!

More creative type stuff here.

8 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I thought I would hate hand quilting, but I found it really relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun quilt! for the past 30 years, we have provided expert hand quilting and finishing for some of the best quiltmakers in the country. please give us a call if you'd like us to mark and hand quilt your beautiful work, (410) 867-0665.

    Jen Bolger
    Bellwether Dry Goods
    www.bellwetherdrygoods.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous quilt! Beautiful colours!


    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I'm incredibly impressed! And isn't prints charming just the best? I love their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So much work. Looks great:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks beautiful, lovely bright colours and nice patterns :) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the handquilting! The quilt will look awesome when finished!

    I am hoping to baste my round robin quilt today and think I will hand quilt the whole thing, finish should be by December this year LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.