Tuesday, March 29, 2011

SIT ~ The Shops



Calico & Ivy.  I LOVED this shop.  So many beautiful bits and pieces, including both fabric and yarn.  I bought 12 balls of Debbie Bliss and a pattern book.  I also met Amy Badskirt.  My head is still spinning!



Prints Charming.  More love found here!  I bought quite a lot of panels, a Christmas decoration kit and a Scrap pack.  I will be busy!

How wonderful for us to be able to sit in the studio for a stitching session complete with bubbly and nibbles.  This was a highlight of the trip for me!




In addition to a workshop held by Kathy of Material Obsession held on the Saturday, we also got to go to her shop on Sunday.  Kathy's shop is BEAUTIFUL!  So much colour, so many great quilts and her enthusiasm made this just a little bit special.

I bought the Material Obsession book, and nearly 8 meters of fabric.  I also bought a wedge ruler (who didn't?) and a flying geese ruler.  Kathy said tools were a great way to help you use your stash, she has also   blogged about SIT here if you would like to look :) 


There is plenty more to show off, but this is a good start for today :)

7 comments:

  1. Love the photos:) There is a photo of us on my blog, feel free to steal it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Becky - your photos have now made my Mum feel inspired too!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I not see the giant scissors in the garden? Great photos! Great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh those stores look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so lovely to finally meet you Becky. I am so jealous of your trip to Prints Charming and Calico and Ivy. I really should make the effort to go seeing as I live in Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, you saw things i didn't notice & how did you get so many shots without crazed lady shoppers in them?? Wish i bought more thread, i honestly could not focus on shopping. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! The shopping was great wasn't it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.