Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Quilted


I finally finished quilting the round robin block swap quilt.  I had never Free Motion Quilted before so I was a little nervous.  With tongue firmly set in the corner of my mouth I started and I am really happy with the end result!


I made the back using all the pieces of fabric sent back with each block.  I don't like it too much and think I should have cut each piece down smaller and joined them.  I didn't at the time because I was worried about how much fabric I would lose in each new join.

I used the same red dot in the binding which looks great from the front of the quilt.  I love the front!  I have already spent a bit of time under this quilt and plan on plenty more snuggly evenings too.

My last post on this quilt mentions who made what block with links if you are interested ;)

11 comments:

  1. Woo hoo looks great Becky. I quite like the back, great to hear it's getting put to use already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Quilt block swaps sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. The back looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous - I love the back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fantastic Becky, and the back is great with the big blocks of random sized pieces of fabric, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its beautiful! and I LOVE the back pieced like that!
    Cant believe thats your first attempt at FMQ - you did a fantasitc job.

    Nic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours in your quilt. Well done for being brave and doing the free motion. It's scary but fun when it works!
    Ab

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is cool I really dont know if I would make the time for a quilt, but it very much interests me :D Looks great becky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even though it's not what you imagined, it looks amazing Becky.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.