Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Creative Space


I have been playing on my spinning wheel and I am finding it very relaxing.  This photo is some roving I bought from Lisa and the Orange/Grey/Teal is spinning up really well.  It is (on average) about an 8 ply.  My beginner spinning status is apparent as it does vary somewhat...

Ellie, thanks for noticing it has been awhile since my last blog post (last night's tutorials lists aside!), and telling me to do something about it.  We have been so busy this last week tied up in legal jargon and real estate speak.  I hope it settles down soon.

For more Creative Spaces visit Kootoyoo

13 comments:

  1. Becky, that is beautiful. So much better than my first attempt at spinning, is it a new addiction?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Becky! - my first attempt looked like a dreadlock ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beginner or not, that is really beautiful yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it looks amazing. My aunt was a spinner & I found it relaxing just watching her spin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! And who said yarn had to even all over? It just means it has personality ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, is it relaxing or mesmerising?? Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Off to check out the tutorial list:)

    Love the spinning well done - and the colours are fab.

    Good lusk with the legal side of thigs too - we are soover our neighbours and our rental agency is making it difficult - we are off to look at houses this weekend - fingers crossed we can manage a back to back posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ew. Any sentence with real estate, legal and jargon in it has me coming over with a nervous tic. Meanwhile I'm just a BIT impressed over the spinning. One day...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This looks really fascinating. I love the colours. K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great photo! Your yarn looks gorgeous. I have a spinning wheel somewhere here, might have to pull it out. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous colours - really, really pretty! Clever you - I've watched my mum spin for years - it's tricky!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.