Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Creative Space

My Creative Space is all about wool.  I thought I would have moved on as my sewing list of things to do is getting longer but this spinning caper has me captive.


This wool is being washed as I type.  It was unwashed fleece and the first thing I have spun, I loved the feel of the lanolin as I played with it.  It looks pretty good and I am hoping I can find a project for it at some stage.  I like the effect of the light wool and dark together.



This was the roving I have mentioned before but it is now washed and ready to go.  I just need to cast off the couple of projects I have on the go so I can cast on and turn this into something :)

I have been shopping too.  3 new bobbins, a Lazy Kate, a Niddy Noddy and a book on Spinning.  There will be no stopping now!!

For more Creative Spaces click here.

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Love your yarn! Very nice colours and I can even feel it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shades in this are quite lovely...such amazing work to spin your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgeous Becky - looking forward to seeing what you knit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I turn pea-green with envy everytime I check out your blog! The spinning is absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an addiction in the works! My aunt spins wool and says it's truly addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl - looks great - I have my eye on a drop spindle from that shop:) Wow - bobbins are not cheap are they - wonder if my Grnadad could make them? He can copy anything if he has the item:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so textured, I want to reach out and touch your pictures. You must have lovely supple hands after all that lanolin! The spinning sounds meditative... I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the possibilities ... i can see some nice socks or a hat coming for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours in both of these. Lanolin is lovely to feel and so nice for your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photos are gorgeous! What a great project, I can fully understand why you are ignoring your sewing pile. This is so inspiring. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. your yarn looks amazing. i can almost feel the texture and small the goodness just by looking at the photo. i love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  12. <3 love, you clever lady !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are turning into a bad, bad influence. Bet it's highly therapeutic and zen-inspiring too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I usually look at wool from the other end-felling old sweaters. I am sure the spinning is addictive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.