Thursday, July 26, 2012

Foundation Piecing


This round of my Handstitched quilt project has paper pieced corners.  The instructions were for English paper piecing, but I am behind with this project so I elected to do foundation piecing on the sewing machine. I have never done either of these methods before so it is still new to me.

I have some fabric here and some hexi papers ready to go so I will try English paper piecing soon, or soon-ish anyway!
I am still at least one round behind, but I now feel like I am making progress again on this quilt, and that feels good. I wasn't sure the scale of the Echo print in this fabric would work on the smaller blocks but I think it is looking nice, especially framed by the Kona solids.  Hopefully I have this round finished soon and I will be able to post a photo of my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your welcome comments.