Friday, September 16, 2011

9 Patch


This is the project that got me started in quilting.  A 9 patch block swap as organised by Sheridan.  The final mail out for these blocks was 22 months ago so as you can see I have taken my time in finishing this quilt off!

We each picked a feature fabric and sent it out in bundles to the other ladies in the swap.  They each paired it with something from their stash, sewed it into 2 different 9 patch blocks and sent it back.  I learnt so much during this fabric selection process which did add to the fun.

I then arranged the blocks, added a border, quilted it myself (finally) and have sewn the binding on.  The result speaks for itself!

The best part of this swap would have to be some of the friends I have made. 
Thanks Sheridan, Susie, BronwynHelen, Lynn, Lara, Beth, Donna, Leah, MJ, LisaBec, Bianca and Louise.

3 comments:

  1. Was it really 22 months ago? I guess I should finish my quilt too! Your quilt looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quilt is fantabulous - and a whole bunch of new friends - yay for blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt - and great idea for a swap!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.