Friday, August 26, 2011

Around the Block ~ AJ

The last block is now sewn for the Around the Block Round 2 quilting bee. This leaves me happy because I am finished, and sad because it is over. Well, kind of over, because I have the top to piece from Round 1 as well as the newer lot of blocks sitting in a pile from this round too. I could drag this out awhile yet I think!
 

This block was for AJ.  She wrote the tutorial which is really well done making what looks like a complicated centre into a straight forward task.  Thanks AJ, I really enjoyed this block a lot.

AJ's tutorial for the centre block can be found HERE.  AJ also did a tutorial for the Log Cabin portion here if you are interested in looking at that too.


Many thanks to Sheridan who organised this swap.  This is the third swap, or fourth perhaps that I have done with Sheridan now.  I have always enjoyed myself and have learnt a lot.  I have made some pretty great friends too.   Also a big thanks to everyone who took part this round and made it exciting to check the mail when a block came back home.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks Becky! It has been such a pleasure to have been in so many swaps & bees with you! I thank YOU for all your hard work on this one too!
    I'm sure we'll find something else to work on together again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.