Thursday, November 5, 2009

Me time!

Yesterday I bundled up another set of swap blocks to be posted off to their recipient. I have another set to go but it was the middle of the day and I did not feel up to the challenge of a new project.

I decided to do some 'me' sewing. It has been awhile since I did something just for me and as the first row of my Chaletgirl Block Swap quilt came together my smile got bigger, and did not stop for ages :) In fact, I am still smiling now!



I added a border from the same fabric range as my feature fabric which is Gypsy Rose by Moda. I like it as it is the same shade of pink with a small and different pattern which matches in well. I made the border 9 inches wide which is the same width as one block in the quilt. This makes it double bed size too.

I spent AGES working on the layout for these blocks. So many things to think of in getting the colours in the right places to keep it looking even. I have one of those fuzzy felt type sheets so this quilt spent a week up on the wall and I would move this block with that one until I was happy with it.

Dear Husband is happy that it is now a quilt top as he didn't think much of it as bedroom wall art ;) Our bedroom is the only room with a large enough child proof wall to hold all the blocks.



I am going to do a pieced back. I am thinking I will use a cream backing fabric and incorporate my leftover fabrics, and the coins from the other girls feature fabrics as well. That might take me a bit longer to put together than the top!



Why do little people need to run across fabric as soon as it is on the ground?

5 comments:

  1. If you can answer that question, I'd love to know ...... the quilt top looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top looks fabulous. And I love the little feet! At least your got a couple of good shots in before the stampede!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great Becky - and if it weren't the kids it would be sure to be an animal taking a stroll on your lovely new quilt top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks gorgeous - the border really finishes it off!

    Nic xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.