Monday, October 12, 2009

Blogtober #12 ~ Baking Biscuits


Lemon Butter Biscuits

250g butter, softened
Zest of 1 lemon
2 cups plain flour, sifted
1 cup icing sugar, sifted

Beat butter with lemon rind until creamy.
Beat in icing sugar then stir in flour to make a soft dough.
Cover and chill for 30 mins.
Roll into balls and place well apart on ungreased tray, press down with fork.
Bake 180 deg C for 10-15 mins or until slightly coloured.

~~~~~~

I love this recipe which was given to me years ago by Grandma Eales, who isn't my Grandma, but wonderful regardless!

I had a lonely, and somewhat sad looking lemon, so baking seemed like the perfect way to spend our stormy afternoon yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. They look great - Will have to try them in a few weeks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love any kind of biscuit and these look great ... you've reminded me I was going to back this weekend. Darn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.