The challenge for the second round of the medallion quilt along had been set as squares. I left it awhile to consider my option s and decided on a 9 patch block. Easy math may have been a consideration!
I bought some grey to let me add a border to frame each new round. I wasn't going to buy any new fabric for this project but I decided I had to. Glad I did as I think it sets it off well so no guilt here (or not much anyway!). One side is 48 inches across.
There are still three rounds to add and I have no idea what the theme for each will be. The 9 patch blocks did add a lot of size in a hurry and I hope I didn't overdo things and use too much of the fabrics early on. Time will tell!