Saturday, August 1, 2009

On the shelf ~ August 1st

Oh dear, the last book related post was June 30th :( I have not been reading much of late which is a shame, but these things go in cycles and I don't doubt the bug will strike again soon.

The only update for the month is:
JULY/AUGUST
41. The bonesetter's daughter ~ Amy Tan
42. Baby-led Weaning ~ Gill Rapley and Tracey Murkett

The bonesetter's daughter is a story about the relationships and bonds between a Mother and Daughter with love and betrayal thrown in for good measure.

Baby-Led Weaning explores the idea that we should not force babies into eating purees at a certain age, but wait until they show an interest in food and let them eat what they will from an everyday menu.

The full list of books I have read in 2009 can be found HERE

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky, I read the Bonesetter's Daughter a while ago and really enjoyed it. I recently read the Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan which I also enjoyed. I really like the way that she seems to capture the importance of not only the culture that we come from, but the significance of the generations that came before us. She gets me thinking :-)

    You might not have read many books recently, but at least they're not simple and unchallenging detective fiction like I've been reading recently ;-)

    Hope the next few weeks go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I've often thought of picking up The Bonesetter's Daughter, but just never gotten around to it... might have to take a trip to the bookshop!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.