Monday, August 24, 2009

Doll Quilt Swap

EB is having it's 3rd annual doll quilt swap!! This will be the first time I have participated and I am a bit nervous. This story board is some of my favourite pics from Flickr. I hope I can make something as nice as some of these for my swap partner :)


Swap Guidelines:
SIZE: from 13″ x 13″ up to 24″ x 24″ or any rectangle or other shape in between.
FABRIC: natural fibers, please - linen, cotton, or wool.
CONSTRUCTION: Pieced, appliqued, wholecloth, or yo-yos; quilted by hand or machine; and bound. Embellish at will. Embroidery? Rickrack? Buttons? None? You decide.
LABELS: please include a label on the quilt.
Deadline to sign up: Sunday 30th of August.
Quilt post deadline: 31st of October.
Questions answered for my partner:
1. What colours do you like? brights~ greens, reds, blues, aqua, purple, pink
2. What colours DON'T you like? browns, darks
3. What style of quilt do you like best? (Abstract, arty, traditional, modern etc.) any but loving the quilts shown in the above mosaic.
4. What techniques and trimmings do you like? Applique, embroidery, yoyos, foundation pieced blocks, rik rak, lace, ribbons, buttons...? Applique, embroidery, foundation pieced, buttons etc
5. Is there anything you DON'T want on your quilt? yoyos, ric rac
6. Skill Level Beginner
7. Which other EB-ers you've already made a quilt for, or received one from first quilt swap
8.Who will doll Quilt be for - child, wall hanging etc Me ~ wall hanging

1 comment:

  1. Your post just popped up in my reading list saying it was posted 23mins ago! How bizarre. Thought the swap sounded nice, but the deadline is waaaaaaay past. I'll look out for next year...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.