Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Creative Space ~ Milo


Another one off the needles!  A Milo Vest in size 2 for the small boy, although the girl has worn it too given they are the same size and share a lot of stuff.

The Milo vest turns 2 this month (happy birthday!) so to celebrate Tikki is having a knit a long in her Ravelry group.  I may be a bit late in telling you about this KAL, but the Milo is such a quick knit you really do still have time if you would like to join in.  There are some wonderful versions of this patterns popping up!

I am almost silly excited as Tikki had a space available on her testing team.  I jumped at the chance as I do love her patterns a lot.  I may be busy knitting for awhile as the only spot left was for a 26inch chest, Possum in a 21inch so she will grow in to it one day!  Thankfully a friend has a child the right size to let me test fit (Thanks Ellie!).  And I have been good lately, but this naturally meant I had to order more wool.  I had next to nothing left in 8ply.  I hope Bendigo posts quickly!


More creative spaces here.

9 comments:

  1. hmm, that milo is great, and I am feeling tempted to try it because you said it's a quick knit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pattern... would you believe I printed it off to knit this week and this morning my mum called to tell me about a lovely vest she saw on your blog - the very same one I am about to start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what you're going to be test knitting? So beautiful. You amaze me everyday ms becky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I thought I recognised the pattern - I have seen this on ravelry. I have been doing more sewing than knitting lately - but a vest could be a manageable project to get done quickly! Suz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen that vest pattern around alot lately. It's on my to do list. Love the colour you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gorgeous! I love the detail down the side :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Milo sure is cute! I think it works equally well for either gender when they are little. Are you testing the pattern for the red knit? GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous little Milo...i need to make one of these

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's lovely. I really like the garter stitch neck, and the off-centre cable panel. It's a really good design :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.