Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Around The Block Round 1 ~ Wrap Up

 It feels like a very long time ago that I signed on for Chaletgirl's quilting bee Around the Block and yesterday I posted the last of the packages back so round one has finished.

I learnt so much off the girls in this group.  My sewing wasn't always as good as I would have liked but most of the time I did OK.  I loved getting blocks back in the mail during my month and I loved knowing that each month I had a part in creating something great for someone else.



July was Jan's month and she sent out precut borders and asked us to create a centre block for each of them.  This quilt will be for the 'Princess Room' at Sewjourn when it is finished. 
I hope I get to see it one day!



MJ  was last with August.  She asked for Indian Star blocks and wanted us to add in a bit of fabric from our own stash to one point as a reminder of all the girls who took part in the bee.
What a great idea :)


Round 1 is over, and I have already started on Round 2, but will leave that for another post.  It feels like a long time between finished projects these days so had better spread them out!

1 comment:

  1. Your collage is great! You did such a great job with all the blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.