Sunday, April 11, 2010

Second


Another Dishcloth which was my first attempt at knitting from a chart, and my first go at knitting lace too.
Thanks to Ellie for getting me started on reading the chart, and thanks Mum for helping with the lace portion.


There are plenty of mistakes, but by the third repeat I was getting the hang of it.  I don't think I am ready for a large scale lace project, or a large scale chart either but I had fun doing this and it is always nice to try new things and learn as you go.

The pattern is free on Ravelry and is called Elfin Lace.
Project Details found here.

4 comments:

  1. wow, love how there is a free pattern...hmm, now wish I knew what to do with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Becky - well done:) YOu will be onto shawls in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thi sis a brilliant way to break the ice on all tose tings. Do another couple of these and you'll find yourself all ready for the shawl! I've a very simple pattern/chart if you want to start with a neckerchief.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.