Many moons ago I joined an excellent quilting bee full of clever people. More moons past and I pieced the top and tagged each block with the name of the person who made it. You would think it would then be a simple matter to finish the quilt off so that the small boy could use it on his bed, but still more moons past.
I did indeed finally finish it, last night in fact. The small boy seems very happy with it.
I backed it in a grey homespun and used some Kei honeycomb for the binding. Perhaps I should have used a solid as it is a pretty busy quilt. Oh well!
I quilted straight lines around each block and then I did a straight line geometric kind of fill in. It was hard to know what to do given this was a wonky log cabin block so there was not much to line up with.
If you want to see the quilt top in full follow the link above. It was too sunny here to get a good full shot so I didn't worry with one.
This is also the first WIP I have finished as part of the 12 in 12 challenge!