Monday, July 30, 2012

Handstitched Class - Round 3

I predict you will all be sick of this quilt by the time I finish it as progress is slow even though this is the only project I am working on right now.  How did it get to be so busy?

The Storm at Sea blocks in the corner are foundation pieced.  I had never done that before so it was exciting to try something different.  I love the Kona solids together, so bright and happy!  I am working on the next round now, slowly, in between my day job and the children.

The early morning light is making the colours look very warm in that quilt.  It wasn't!!  The below photo is of Peppy the pony who wandered over for a look, he has frost settled in his mane.  That is how chilly it was!



4 comments:

  1. poor peppy :( he needs a good blow dry! loving the quilt, its gorgeous & cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking awesome becky!! .... brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty pony! And the concept of "cold" is far from me. This brings it back a bit. Hello Peppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chilly in July? Yikes! I hope you're enjoying your opposite season in lovely Australia. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.