Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Day on the Green


I had never been to a concert before so when I saw that A Day on the Green had extended their tour schedule to include our area I excitedly booked tickets.  And because I have never been to a concert before I decided to do things properly and I booked us good reserved area tickets at that, you can see photos of our vantage point further down.

Choirboys and Dragon 

Richard Clapton and Ross Wilson 

Ian Moss

Amazing acts, and we were so close to the stage, it made it so fun to watch.  So many great songs that we all knew, and some we didn't but new is still good and it was enjoyable, except for Ross Wilson's dancing ha ha.

Between each set we were entertained by Dj Grand Master Baitz.  He was actually very entertaining and did a great job of keeping things going between the acts.

Grand Master Baitz


I asked a couple behind us to take some photos of Colin and I.  We don't often have photos with both of us in them so I was glad I did, not that they are great.  It was so warm and sunny, perfect weather for it.


Hmm, getting photo heavy, have you stopped reading yet?
The main event was Noiseworks.  Seriously amazing, that is all I have to say.





Thanks Nan and Pop for babysitting.  It is only the second time we have left the children for a night and I don't really like it.  I thought about them a lot and we got up this morning and left early to drive home.   Naturally the children were both fine and didn't seem to have missed us much, little devils!

I was interviewed by the local ABC radio station to give the event a plug too, but I didn't hear it on-air myself :)

Edit: It took me 2 days to realise that the name Master Baitz sounds like masturbates. 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Nice that you had some timeout from the kids although I'm lik eyou and miss Aden like crazy when you are away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee, i didn't get that with the DJ name either, we're such ladies!!
    Apart from 3 weeks in Europe last year, i don't think we've ever left the children either, they leave us - even my 4th is on school camp this year. Gives them a chance to miss me, even if it is to dump dirty washing at me before a hug at the bus stop.
    Sounds like a great concert, high school flash back & a photo with your husband, i forget to have them too & mine is a blink-&-he's-gone-again husband too!! Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time - and great seats well done you:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.