Thursday, March 1, 2012

Autumn Tango


I finished sewing the binding down on my Autumn Tango quilt and wouldn't you know it is blowing a gale outside which has made it all but impossible to get decent photos.  The only sheltered areas seemed to be dark corners, or worse, full sun.

I am really happy to have finished this quilt.  This project was not without it's drama when UPS lost my fabric forcing me to source more after already waiting a month for the original order to arrive.  Locally I  managed to find more fabric, but the print I ordered to use for the binding didn't work in person so I ended up using grey.  I like the grey so this is ok.  The lost fabric did cause me to use more 'orange' than 'tangerine' fabrics, but by this stage I didn't care, I just wanted it done.

I used some of my Sandi Henderson Petal Party for the backing and I am very glad I did as I love it.  Neither the Mr or I liked this quilt as it sat on the design wall, but as soon as it came off the machine we both changed our minds.  It is nice that I have made something we both like and can use!


I am very glad I signed on for the Tangerine Tango challenge.  It isn't a colour I have used before and I am really happy to have this in the house now, very fitting for our first day of Autumn today!

It also counts as my March finish for AJ's 12 in 12 challenge.

And now that I think about it, it is Thursday so happy Creative Spaces to you all too!


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous again, Becky! I may learn to like orange after all....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I think I want to do a + quilt, there are a few around at the moment and it's really starting to grow on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad about the UPS mix up! This is a lovely quilt.I really love how the green looks with the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks fabulous Becky - I love that fabric on the back - Miss A has a dress in it - and this week it very sadly suffered a washing accident - never to be the same again, so I enjoy seeing this on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful. I adore the backing and the grey binding looks brilliant. A subtle frame of sorts. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, looks amazing. I have to admit without much thought to it in the past, I now am in love with orange, especially when teamed with aqua.

    With regards to the lost mail, I hope the sender helped you out. I received one FRE that ws ripped at the end so now message people when i buy something asking the tape all sides. They must hate me asking them to tape sides, asking for two FREs as it is cheaper than a box.

    Nothing beats when a company sent me an order that was meant for France and asked me to send it back. It was sent here in a FRE so $13US or so, it cost over $30 to send back, plus they gave me free shipping on my next order with them (two FREs again)would have been cheaper for them just to let me keep the fabric. They were lovely about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just so beautiful! I love orange so this is right up my alley anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your welcome comments.