I finished sewing the binding down on my Autumn Tango quilt and wouldn't you know it is blowing a gale outside which has made it all but impossible to get decent photos. The only sheltered areas seemed to be dark corners, or worse, full sun.
I am really happy to have finished this quilt. This project was not without it's drama when UPS lost my fabric forcing me to source more after already waiting a month for the original order to arrive. Locally I managed to find more fabric, but the print I ordered to use for the binding didn't work in person so I ended up using grey. I like the grey so this is ok. The lost fabric did cause me to use more 'orange' than 'tangerine' fabrics, but by this stage I didn't care, I just wanted it done.
I used some of my Sandi Henderson Petal Party for the backing and I am very glad I did as I love it. Neither the Mr or I liked this quilt as it sat on the design wall, but as soon as it came off the machine we both changed our minds. It is nice that I have made something we both like and can use!
I am very glad I signed on for the Tangerine Tango challenge. It isn't a colour I have used before and I am really happy to have this in the house now, very fitting for our first day of Autumn today!
It also counts as my March finish for AJ's 12 in 12 challenge.
And now that I think about it, it is Thursday so happy Creative Spaces to you all too!